The Apostle Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 12:4-7, “Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord, and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.” God the Holy Spirit gives gifts to the church for the building up of the church.
The Bible lists many spiritual gifts given to the church:
- Romans 12:6-8 = Prophecy, Serving, Teaching, Exhorting (Advising), Giving, Leading, & Mercy
- 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 = Wisdom, Knowledge, Faith, Healing, Miracles, Prophecy, Discernment, Tongues, & Interpretation
- 1 Corinthians 12:28-29 = Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Miracles, Healing, Helping, Administration, Tongues, & Interpretation
- Ephesians 4:11 = Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Shepherds, & Teaching
- 1 Peter 4:10-11 = Serving & Speaking
What are yours? These lists in Scripture are not exhaustive but give an idea of the many ways the Spirit equips the believer. To help discover your spiritual gifts we have provided the following link:
To schedule a meeting with a pastor or leader of Restoration Church to discern and discuss your spiritual gifts fill out this form below or email email@example.com :
- Note: Lifeway Christian Resources’ spiritual gifts survey is not exhaustive. Some of the miraculous gifts do not appear.
- Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (ESV), copyright 2001 by Crossway. Used by permission. All rights reserved.